After the seventh centenary celebrations of Sri Vedanta Desika in 1968, Sri Seva Swamy started this institution and incarnated the Lords Sri Hayagriva and Desika at Villivakkam, Chennai. The institution leads in sphereheading the ideologies of Srivaishnavism in a true and traditional spirit. All leading pontiffs from Sri Ahobila Mutt, Srimad Andavan Asramam and Parakala Mutt have visited the temple and offered their mangalasasanam.
Vedanta Desika, Andal and Nammalwar
Major Activities since inception
- Classes were conducted for the and old alike on the Desika's Stotras and Prabhandas.
- Lectures were organised on every occasion of Thirunakshatrams of Alwars and other Acharyas.
- Simultaneous discourses by Sri Seva Swamy was arranged on different stotras of Desika on Fridays and Saturdays regularly.
- Brahaspathi Sammelanam was organised at Mani Mandapam to identify certain goals for Brahaspathis.
- Conducted tours were organised to several Divya Kshetras like Badrinath, Ayodhya, Varnasai, Naranavanm, Tirukoilur etc.
- Gopika Geetham Kirthanas composed by Sri Seva Swamy was rendered in a Music Conference presided by (late) Dr.S. Ramanathan, a renowned musician.
Reception to Acharyas
Mani Mandapam has the unique distinction of hosting reception to the Acharyas of Parakala Mutt, Mysore, 44th Jeer of Ahobila Mutta, Thirukudanthai and Srimushnam Andavan of Andavan Asramam.
Rama Pattabhishekam performed at Mani Mandapam would stay in the memory of every individual who was witnessed to it. Pattabhishekam was performed by bringing in Punyathirtham from 108 Kshetras throughout India and the same where taken in 108 Kalasams by Sumangalis to the accompaniment of recitations of Veda and Divya Prabhandam.
Completion of Srimad Bhagavatam discourse which went for about seven years was performed in Brindavanam after a well organised Saptha Mukthi Kshetra Yatra.
The rituals are performed in a traditional way. Thirunakshatrams of Alwars, Acharyas etc are performed with special offerings.